Swede Best of All Seeds (Brassica napus napobrassica)
- Swedes, also known as Rutabaga is a cross between cabbage and turnip (the name is an abbreviation of ‘Swedish turnip’), the flesh is more yellow and the flavour both milder and sweeter. There are other differences – the plants are hardier, the yields are greater and the growing period is longer.
Swede is one of the easiest vegetables to grow and well-suited to the novice gardener. All you have to do is sprinkle some seeds in late spring or early summer, thin a few weeks later and then lift the large, globular roots as you need them from autumn until spring.
- Swede is packed with the phytochemical myricetin which has been shown to reduce the risk of prostate cancer!
It rich in Vitamin C which is a very powerful antioxidant (cleanser) and is also critical for brain function and mood regulation and keeps our immune systems in tip top shape
Lots of Vitamin B6 which keeps us happy, maintains our immune system and reduces the risk of heart disease
- Height : 18" - 24"
- Spacing : 18" - 24"
- Sun Light : Part Shade
- Water : Average
- Harvest : 90 - 100 days
- Sowing : Sow seeds 1" deep
- Stratification : Cold stratify 30 days
- Germination : 14 - 21 Days
- Size : 4" - 6"
- Color : Purple Top & Creamy Bottom
- Use : Excellent for fried or baked
- Qty : >< 100 Seeds/pack