Red Veined Sorrel Seeds (Rumex Sanguineus)
- Also known as Blood sorrel (R. sanguineus), makes a beautiful ornamental to grow in partial shade, but the leaves are only edible when very young.
- Beautiful leaves of Red Vined Sorrel with a lemony sharp flavor will add an interesting addition to fresh salads and bright up your salad.
- Or you can add in your sandwich, lemony sauces or make a creamy sorrel soup with it.
- Red sorrel is generally a plant that requires little attention, doing well in warm climates and growing in cooler areas. In the tropical areas, it can be grown as a cool season annual. It prefers full sun, but this may depend upon how hot the garden aspect is. Sorrel can tolerate part shade and some gardeners recommend a sheltered position. Sorrel is considered vulnerable to frost and will need some cover or protection if it is to survive.
- Height : 12" - 18"
Spacing : 8" - 12"
Sun Light : > 6 hours/full to partly shade
Water : Moist, well-drained
Sowing: Sow seeds 1/4" deep
Germination : 7 - 14 days
Harvest : 30 - 50 days
Size : Arrow shape 6" - 8"
Color : Light Green, Red, Variegated
Use : Excellent for Salad, Soup, Sandwich
- Quantity : >< 60 Seeds/pack