Bright Light Swiss Chard Seeds (Beta Vulgaris)
- A range of colours including white, cream, yellow, orange, pink, lipstick, and red. Terrific colour splashes for use in salad packs, or for growing as large plants.
- Chard has been bred to have highly nutritious leaves and is considered to be one of the most healthful vegetables available, making it a popular addition to healthful diets (like other green leafy vegetables).
- Chard is a member of the beet family that does well in both cool and warm temperatures. It can be cooked or used raw in salads and is high in vitamins A and C.
- When the plants are 3 to 4 inches tall, thin them out so that they are 4 to 6 inches apart or 9 to 12 inches apart if the plants are larger. Water the plants evenly to help them grow better. Water often during dry spells in the summer. You can also mulch the plants to help conserve moisture.
- For the best quality, cut the plants back when they are about 1 foot tall. If the chard plants become overgrown, they lose their flavor.
- Height :18 - 24"
Spacing : 18" - 24"
Sun Light : > 6 hours
Water : Average
- Germination L 7 14 Days
Harvest : 60 - 65 days
Sowing : Sow seeds 1/2" deep
Size : 12" - 18"
Color : Multi-Colors: White/ Yellow/Red/Magenta
Use : Excellent for Raw orCooking
Qty : >< 20 Seeds/pack
- Origin : UK